UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
ENFORCEMENT OF COVID-19 PROTOCOLS ON ALL CAMPUSES
I refer to previous notices regarding observance of COVID-19 protocols on the University of Ghana’s campuses. Management of the University has noted with concern, the continued non-observance of COVID-19 protocols on the University’s campuses, despite the surge in infection rates across the country and the spread of the Delta variant of the virus nationwide.
Members of the University Community are hereby reminded to strictly observe the protocols as follows:
a. Strict enforcement of the “No Mask, No Entry” rule in all University buildings, including lecture halls, halls of residence and offices.
b. Strict enforcement of hand hygiene, i.e. washing of hands under running water and/or the use of hand sanitizers before entry into all University buildings; this directive applies to visitors/clients as well as staff and students of the University. Heads of Unit should ensure adequate supply and use of hand sanitizers.
c. As much as possible, members of the University Community are encouraged to use technology to facilitate meetings and other activities.
d. All units/offices are to provide services every working day of the week. The services are to be provided in a manner that will serve the needs of our students as well as internal and external publics, while protecting the health and safety of employees.
e. All employees, students and visitors are required to wear face masks in offices, lecture/examination halls and in public spaces.
f. All preventive and precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all members of the community, as earlier announced, must be adhered to and all protocols followed.
g. Members of the University community are to ensure social distancing, maintaining a distance of at least two metres (6 feet) from others and adhere to infection prevention measures at all times.
Management would like to reiterate the following:
· The University wishes to assure staff, students, parents, guardians and all stakeholders that the safety and well-being of all members of the community is our utmost priority.
· The University Hospital is open to provide general healthcare to all members of the University community.
· Members of the University community are advised to take the necessary precautionary measures outlined in University notices and information on COVID-19. All of us owe this responsibility to ourselves, our families and other members of the community.
· Any employee or student who develops a fever, cough, cold or sore throat should isolate himself or herself till it clears.
· All are encouraged to regularly check their temperature. Members of the community should call the University of Ghana Hospital for advice if they develop a fever (temperature above 37.4°C), or a cough/cold that persists for more than five (5) days or gets worse. University of Ghana Hospital: 059 395 5913 (Telephone/WhatsApp)
Emelia Agyei-Mensah (Mrs.)