Centre for Applied Research and Innovation in Supply Chain–Africa (CARISCA) Based at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
APPLICATIONS are invited from qualified persons for appointment as Centre Manager of the Centre for Applied Research and Innovation in Supply Chain-Africa (CARISCA). This hands-on leadership position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Centre, managing work plans and budgets, mentoring staff and supporting students and faculty, and developing stakeholder relationships that are key to CARISCA’s ongoing success.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
Degree in communications, education, management, planning, or related field and three years of experience in training or event management OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved:
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND eight to 10 years of administrative/coordination project experience, including at least five years of supervisory experience; OR, Master’s degree with four to five years administrative/coordination project experience including at least three years of supervisory experience; OR, 12 to 15 years of progressively responsible administrative/coordination project experience, including at least five years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Minimum qualifications (continued)
- Self-starter, proactive planner, and organizer with a commitment to ongoing learning and development.
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder engagement and management.
- Demonstrated experience training and mentoring others (one-on-one and in groups).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Cross-cultural communicator.
- Comfortable with technology and learning new software and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High degree of proficiency in word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- High degree of proficiency in creating, formatting, and editing of documents and templates, data analysis using Excel/Google Sheets formulas.
- Experience creating and managing complex work plans and budgets.
- Experience working with multiple executives.
- Understanding of higher education institutions.
- International development experience.
- Google Workspace experience.
- Experience in analyzing data, creating descriptive statistics, and creating data visualizations.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of a business plan that targets key stakeholders (including universities, government, industry, business and community groups) with the goal of forming productive relationships to position CARISCA as a one-stop-shop for supply chain education and research.
- Establish and maintain effective networks and work collaboratively with business and industry stakeholders to build strong links that promote excellence in supply chain training and education. Help to build, maintain and segment CARISCA’s mailing list.
- Work with the Project Director to facilitate the development of project plans and manage them from inception to completion.
- Maintain and update budget as the project progresses.
- Ensure goals and objectives specified for the Centre are achieved in compliance with priorities, time limitations, budgetary constraints and other specifications.
- Coordinate the promotion of the Centre’s activities, to increase the CARISCA’s role in research for community development.
- Oversee the preparation of communication and promotional literature such as newsletters, brochures and flyers for distribution, and ensure the regular update of the Centre website.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reports, financial statements and records on Centre projects, progress, or status and other special reports for management.
- Manage database of students, programme participants, teaching materials and publications for monitoring and evaluation of the Centre and reporting.
- Manage office and administrative processes including logistics, procurement and supervision of administrative staff.
- Facilitate/create/edit the mandatory reporting for all component activities (data and narrative reporting).
- Set up in-person, virtual and hybrid team meetings, and draft and monitor meeting agendas.
- Participate in the planning of and coordinating logistics for in-person, online, and hybrid events.
- Develop operating procedures, guidance documents and templates for the project.
- Follow up with team members to ensure that deliverable deadlines are met.
- Ensure the development and implementation of administrative and human resource management policies, systems and manuals.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should complete the Application Forms Online. New applicants can create a free account.
Completed application forms should reach the address below no later than Friday, 18th February 2022
The Deputy Registrar
Human Resource Development Division
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.