UHAS Vacancy For Head Of Counseling And Career Service
University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following positions:
POSITION: Head of Counselling and Career Services
Reporting to: Registrar
Effective date: January 1, 2021
The successful applicant must:
- Possess a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology or a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years relevant working experience at management level. Membership of the Ghana Psychological Council or a recognised professional body will be an added advantage.
- In addition, the applicant must have:
– Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
– Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level University management and administration;
– High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership;
– Considerable experience in dealing with students at the tertiary level.
The successful candidate shall:
- Be responsible for counselling and placement of students;
- Provide leadership in the area of counselling and career advisory services in the University;
- Maintain and promote efficiency, effectiveness and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the Advisory Board of the Unit;
- Ensure that approved programmes and functions of the Unit are duly carried out by members;
- Provide general administration of the Unit in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of the University;
- Carry out any other assignment that the Registrar shall deem necessary.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack (hard copy) to the: REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (hard copy); or by attachment to email@example.com
The application dossier should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 2) to be downloaded from the University’s website. CLICK HERE to download.
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Names of three referees
- Vision Statement of up to 3-pages (font size 12, single spacing) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Wednesday September 30, 2020.