The University of Ghana Medical School (UGMS) and Gulf Medical University (GMU) in UAE are inviting applications from qualified applicants for admission into the Special Medical Programme of UGMS and GMU for the 2021/2022 academic year leading to the award of MBChB (UG).
- Applicants should have a good qualifications in IB, GCE A’levels, and WASSCE/SSSCE examinations or its equivalent.
- Applicants would be required to study for the Associate Degree in Preclinical Sciences Programme (ADPCS) at Gulf Medical University – U.A.E. All credits acquired at the Gulf Medical University – U.A E. will be transferred to the MB ChB programme at UGMS – Ghana and continue with the Clinical Courses in Accra, University of Ghana (UG) at the Medical School and upon successful completion of the courses/credits at UGMS – Ghana be awarded the MBChB degree by virtue of an articulation agreement between both institutions.
- Applicants will be required to have passed GRE or IELTS or TOEFL or be prepared to sit for the exams in the first year in Ajman.
Nature of Programme and Duration
The Transnational Medical Programme is a Six (6) Year Medical Programme leading to the award of MBChB, UG. Students will be admitted to the programme in September 2021 and are expected to graduate in 2027.
Who can Apply?
This Programme is especially targeted at:
- Ghanaian candidates who qualify for admission locally in Ghana but are unable to secure placements and want to therefore, travel abroad to study Medicine in a reputable collaborating university.
- Foreign candidates in the sub region and globally who want to study Medicine and graduate with MBChB degree from UG – Ghana.
Mode of Application
Applicants are to apply online by visiting Gulf Medical University (GMU) website at www.gmu.ac.ae or University of Ghana Medical School (UGMS) website at www.ugms.ug.edu.gh and follow corresponding links to GMU/UGMS. Additional information is provided at the GMU/UGMS websites.
Applicants for the Transnational Medicine Programme must apply on or before 31st August 2021. Admissions will be given on a first-come basis.
UG Programmes/Admission Enquires
Office of the Admissions
Gulf Medical University
P. O. Box 4184 – Ajman
University Arab Emirates
Email: [email protected]
Online Applications Gulf Medical University Website: www.gmu.ac.ae
Phone: +97167431333, Arabic Ext: 1443, English Ext: 1252, 1354
For further information, please contact the Medical School Administration block, Academic Affairs Office (Room 23), Korle Bu or GEMP Secretariat (Adjacent to Reproductive Health/Maternity Block), Korle Bu.