Applications are invited from suitably qualified staff of the University for Appointment as Dean of the following Faculties, Institutes and Directorate in the University of Education, Winneba:
CHECK: 2021/2022 Admission And Recruitment In Ghana
ATTENTION: Win Airtime And GHS 50 By Watching Our Videos .
- Faculty of Ghanaian Languages Education
- Faculty of Foreign Languages Education
- Faculty of Educational Studies
- School of Communication and Media Studies
- School of Business
The Dean of Faculty is a Senior Academic Officer reporting to the Vice-Chancellor or any other person acting on his behalf. He/she provides strong leadership and vision for the design, delivery and continuing review and assessment of all academic programmes and courses.
Per the Statute of UEW, the Dean of the Faculty/School shall:
- be responsible for providing leadership to the Faculty in the exercise of its powers specified in the statute.
- be the Chairperson of the Faculty Board and the Head of the Faculty.
- in consultation with the Heads of Department, have the responsibility for the training of students and for the monitoring of Lecturers on study leave.
- liaise with professional institutions, associations and similar bodies, and organise consultative committees comprising Faculty members and experts in the various professional fields within the Faculty.
- liaise and corporate with other Faculties in the organisation of common course.
- Coordinate the work of the Departments within the Faculty.
- Consult with, and assisted by the Heads of Department in the execution of his/her duties
Staff seeking appointment as Dean must:
- be of professorial rank OR
- have served in the capacity as Senior Lecturer for at least three (3) years and has eight (8) papers after promotion.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
- Twelve (12) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who would submit reports on them directly to the address below.
- Twelve (12) copies of two-page statement of candidate’s vision for the Faculty.
- Indicate which Faculty s/he wishes to be considered for appointment as Dean.
Application letters should be addressed to the Registrar, University of Education, Winneba, P. O. Box 25, Winneba. Application materials should be submitted by 20th July, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates would be considered.