UEW Distance Undergraduate And Postgraduate Admissions for 2019/2020 Academic Year
Distance Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admissions for 2019/2020 Academic Year
The University of Education, Winneba wishes to inform the general public that application forms for admission to the following programmes by Distance Learning for the 2019/2020Academic Year will be on sale until the end of April, 2019 for Mature applicants and June, 2019 for Direct/Post Diploma applicants.
A. DEGREE PROGRAMMESB.
POST DIPLOMA PROGRAMMESC.
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAMMES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
POST DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
HOW TO APPLY
Application into the Distance Learning Programme for the 2019/2020 Academic Year is either by the ONLINE mode or the Hard Copy Application Forms.
For the on line mode, interested applicants should obtain Application Vouchers from the following sources: G.C.B. Bank, Ecobank Ghana Ltd, Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Zenith Bank, Fidelity Bank, Unibank and VISA Credit/ Debit Card. Applicants should use the Serial Number and PIN on the voucher to apply
at the University’s website: www.uew.edu.gh.
For the hard copy applications, applicants are to purchase a Banker’s Draft in favour of the University of Education, Winneba and present the draft to any of the under-listed Study Centres near them for the Application Forms.
All completed Hard Copy Application forms should be posted to the University through the address below:
Deputy Registrar, lDeL
University of Education, Winneba
P. O. Box 25, Winneba
Candidates would find additional information on the UEW website to guide them.
UEW DISTANCE EDUCATION STUDY CENTRES:
|Region||Town/City||Study Centre||Programmes Offered|
|Ashanti||Asante Mampong||UEW, Mampong Campus||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Ejisu||Ejisuman S.H.S.||Basic Education programmes Only|
|Kumasi||Kumasi Girls S.H.S.||All programmes|
|Kumasi||UEW Campus||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Obuasi||Fr. Murphy S.H.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Offinso||Offinso College of Education||Basic Education & Diploma in Education Only|
|Brong Ahafo||Atebubu||Atebubu College of Education||Basic & Early Grade Education Only|
|Bechem||St. Joseph’s College of Edu.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Sunyani||Twene Amanfo SHTS||All programmes|
|Techiman||UEW, IDeL Office/Good Shepherd Int. Sch.||All programmes|
|Central||Assin Fosu||Assin Fosu College of Edu.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Cape Coast||Cape Coast Technical Inst.||All programmes|
|Kasoa||Gateway School Complex||Basic, Early Childhood & Business Programmes|
|Winneba||IDeL, UEW North Campus||All programmes|
|Eastern||Asamankese||Asamankese S.H.S.||Basic Education programmes Only|
|Koforidua||Pope John S.H.S.||All programmes|
|Nkawkaw||Nkawkaw S.H.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Odumase-Krobo||Krobo Girls S.H.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Greater Accra||Accra||Accra College of Education||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Accra||Accra Academy||Basic, Early Childhood, Dip in Education & PGDE Only|
|Accra||Accra Wesley Girls SHS||4-Year Degree & Business programmes only|
|Accra||St. John’s Grammar School||All Programmes|
|Tema||Tema Presby S.H.S., Comm. 11||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Northern||Tamale||Bagabaga College of Education||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Tamale||Northern School of Business||Business & 4-Yr Degree programmes Only|
|Yendi||Yendi Senir High School||Basic Education programmes Only|
|Upper East||Navrongo||St. John Bosco College of Edu.||All programmes|
|Pusiga||Gbewaa College of Education||All programmes|
|Upper West||Wa||N. J. Ahmadiyya College of Edu.||All programmes|
|Volta||Dambai||Dambai College of Education||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Denu||Three Town S.H.S.||All programmes|
|Ho||Ho Technical University||All programmes|
|Hohoe||St. Francis College of Edu.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Sogakope||Sogakope S.H.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Western||Axim||Manye Academy||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Enchi||Enchi College of Education||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Sekondi||Fijai S.H.S.||All programmes|
|Sefwi-Wiawso||Sefwi-Wiawso S.H.S.||Basic Education programmes Only|
|Sefwi Debiso||Bia S.H.T.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Tarkwa||Tarkwa S.H.S.||Basic Education & Diploma in Education Only|
NB: Master of Education programmes are available only at Ho, Kumasi, Sekondi, Techiman and Winneba Study Centres
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS
The cost of the application form for admission to distance programmes for local applicants are as follows:
- Post-Diploma Applicants – Gh¢200.00 (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis)
- Mature Applicants – Gh¢300.00 (Three Hundred Ghana Cedis – this includes the cost of Study Materials, Preparatory classes and the entrance exams to be organized by the University)
- Post-Graduate Applicants – Gh¢250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis)
- Foreign Applicants and Ghanaian Applicants outside Ghana can purchase a set of Application forms online for US $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars).
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
The closing date for the submission of completed Application Forms is Tuesday, 30th April, 2019 (for Mature Applicants) and Friday, 28th June, 2019 (for Direct & Post Diploma Applicants). All completed Hard Copy Application Forms should reach the address above.
- All certificates other than those from the West African Examination Council (WAEC), the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board should be cleared with the National Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the Application Forms.
- For applicants who have changed their names on marital grounds, only those that have been published in the Gazette will be accepted. Applicants should endeavor to attach the relevant pages of the Gazette Publication where their name appears to the application form.
- Names should be written in full (i.e. initials are not acceptable). Where applicants have initials or abbreviated names on previous documents, they should swear an affidavit to explain the initials and attach copies to the application form.
- Applicants with GCE Advanced Level certificate should note that such certificates should not be more than five (5) years old at the time of applying.
ENQUIRIES: For further enquiries you may call: Telephone: 0207381668 / 0248475077 / 0202041141