The College of Science, Departments of Theoretical and Applied Biology and Environmental Science of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, has received funding from the Jospong Group of Companies to deliver Effective Waste Management, Compost Improvement, Quality Assurance and Certification.
In connection with this project, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to research and higher degree programmes at the KNUST College of Science, Departments of Theoretical and Applied Biology and Environmental Science.
- PhD Programme Fellowships
Candidates applying for Doctor of Philosophy degree must have a Master’s degree with an average of at least 60% from a recognised Institution and shall submit evidence of adequate training and ability to undertake the proposed programme.
Unless otherwise stated, PhD Programmes (Full-Time) are of Three (3) Academic Years and (Part Time) are of Four (4) Academic Years duration.
- Candidates with one publication in a journal, as first author, have an advantage.
- Candidates must provide evidence of current and previous employments.
- Master’s Programme (MSc/MPhil) Fellowships
Candidates applying for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in a related field from a recognised Institution. Preference will be given to applicants with FIRST CLASS OR SECOND CLASS (UPPER DIVISION)
Unless otherwise stated, Masters Programmes (Full-Time) are of Two (2) Academic Years and
(Part-Time) Three (3) Academic Years duration.
Mode of Application
Prospective Ghanaian applicants should purchase an e-Voucher containing Login ID/Serial Number and PIN for GHȼ250.00 at the following banks: GCB Bank, Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) or Ecobank or dial *447*160# on any network and follow the prompts.
Candidates should then proceed to the online admissions website and begin the application process.
Once the process is completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT TWO (2) COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with the under-listed supporting documents:
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Detailed CV and two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level)
- Official transcripts and certificates for BSc. and MSc. degrees
- PhD. and MPhil. candidates are to submit soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. two pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialisation, current occupation, how the Programme will fit into your professional vision, how your home country stands to benefit after your training.
- PhD. and MPhil. candidates are to submit both soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 3 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea.
The completed application form together with supporting documents must be submitted by post to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies
Any hand delivered application shall not be processed. Deadline for completion of online application is Monday, 31st October,.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview in Kumasi OR via telephone/Skype. The date of the interview will be communicated after short listing.
Only candidates who successfully gain admission shall be notified subsequently.
Females are encouraged to apply to take advantage of the funding opportunities available.
Successful candidates shall be fully funded from the project