KNUST invites applications from qualified persons for appointment as PROJECT MANAGER of Mastercard Higher Institution Health Collaborative Project at the School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences.
KNUST is one of eight partners of the Higher Education Collaborative in Health and aims to contribute to all three pillars of the health strategy: Health Employment, Health Entrepreneurship, and Health Ecosystems. This includes building an empowered health workforce, with a particular focus on women, and building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that advances skills, knowledge, and mindsets to launch and sustain scalable health ventures. These programs will contribute to the advancement and attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, and 17 in Ghana and across Africa and towards achieving Universal Health Care coverage.
The Project Manager reports to the Principal Investigator (PI) and shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of the activities and programs of the Mastercard Health Collaborative Project. Key tasks of the Project Manager include to:
- Oversee and ensure scheduled project activities are completed in a timely manner and within budget, as agreed upon with sponsors;
- Organise meetings and partner meetings;
- Negotiate contracts, budgets, and timelines with sponsors, partners, and vendors;
- Ensure relationship management between all stakeholders to provide problem resolution, customer service, and expectation management;
- Work closely with students and particular, on designated projects;
- Make sure equipment are in good condition and supplies and assets are employed for the successful operation of the project; and,
- Any other duties as assigned by the PI.
The Person Must:
- Possess a master’s degree in Project Management, Planning, Development Studies, Health Service Planning and Management, or any closely related field;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of practical work experience in project management and research administration;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years in a management or senior level position;
- Be transparent, firm, and exhibit a high sense of leadership qualities and organizational skills;
- Possess qualities of a team player and excellent interpersonal skills;
- The candidate should have excellent report writing skills, oral skills, highly organized and excellent mind mapping; and,
- Be computer literate with knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional skills in accounting would be an advantage
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for TWELVE (12) MONTHS (renewable) for the duration of the project based on good performance. Three (3) months of the contract period shall be the probation period.
- The remuneration and Conditions of Service attached to the position are very attractive.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are requested to email the under listed documents in one (single) PDF file to [email protected] no later than MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 17:00GMT.
- A cover letter (500-700 words);
- A detailed CV including the contact numbers and email addresses of three (3) referees;
- Personal philosophy/Motivation Statement; and,
- relevant certificates.
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.