THE Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, invites applications from qualified persons for appointment as Assistant Grant and Research Managers at the level of Junior Assistant Registrar in the Office of Grants and Research (OGR).
CHECK: 2021/2022 Admission And Recruitment In Ghana
ATTENTION: Check Out How We Make Money And Learn .
The Assistant Grant and Research Manager will provide technical and administrative support for the management of research projects in the University in line with the requirements of the Office of Grants and Research. The person will also support research capacity-building activities in the University. He/she will serve as the liaison between the University and donor partners on issues relating to grant applications and its management. The person will provide day-day administrative support to Principal Investigators throughout the lifecycle of sponsored research projects.
The Assistant Grant and Research Manager will be under the Director of OGR and have the following duties:
- Identify funding opportunities for dissemination to researchers;
- Provide Letters of Support, institutional information, and other administrative support to researchers for the development of research proposals;
- Ensure timely submission of grant applications;
- Liaise with Legal Office to review, negotiate and accept grant awards;
- Coordinate grant proposals writing and promote research collaboration among faculty members;
- Provide post-award support to researchers; and,
- Manage and monitor sub-awards, cost sharing and administrative costs.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant must have
- a minimum of Master’s degree in Development Management, Development Planning or any relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- a minimum of three (3) years working experience in grant and research management including grant proposal writing, contract review and negotiations, due diligence, and compliance requirements;
- knowledge in the application and award processes of major research funders including NIH, DANIDA, USAID, Welcome Trust, and European Union; and,
- expertise in grant budgeting and financial management
The person must:
- be dynamic, self- motivated, result oriented and competent with proven ability;
- be a team player with good interpersonal and excellent communication skills;
- have the ability to exercise sound judgment;
- exhibit high sense of initiative and, managerial and organizational skills;
- ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, handle and prioritise tasks while paying attention to detail; and,
- be computer literate.
Note: Experience with cross-cultural working environments will be an advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates may pick Application Forms at the Office of the Deputy Registrar, Human Resource Development (HRD), Room 214 of the Main Administration Block.
Completed Application Forms with Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, two (2) Referees Report, should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar, HRD, not later than TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2021