Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) 2019/2020 Msc. Geophysical Engineering Admission
Admission of Candidates Into Msc. Geophysical Engineering
KNUST Programme to be hosted at Radford University College, East Legon, Accra in the 2018/2019 academic year
College of Engineering
Department of Geological Engineering
MSc Geophysical Engineering
- The programme is open to all qualified applicants but targeted towards young and mid-career professionals working or seeking to work in the mining, oil and gas, geotechnical, agricultural and water industries in Ghana and the West African sub-region.
- The programme consists of eleven (11) modules that are designed to be completed within two (2) academic years. The first academic year is devoted to the taught modules while emphasis is on a supervised individual research and producing a standard thesis in the second year. Participants will be required to also attend seminars given by professionals from industry and take part in the (compulsory) field practical training sessions.
An applicant must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) BSc. Degree in an Earth Science related programme (Geology, Geological, Geophysical, Mining & Agricultural Engineering) and Physics or any field of specialization relevant to the programme, from a recognized university. Applicants with degrees in other disciplines may be required to take pre-requisite courses to make up for their deficiencies in the geological sciences. Some years of working experience would be an advantage.
Further information: Further enquiries may be directed to the Department of Geological Engineering, KNUST or the Registrar (email@example.com), Radford University College, 83A Lagos Avenue, East Legon, Accra.
Mode of Application
- Candidates must purchase an eVoucher by paying an application fee of Two Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis (GH¢220.00) at the following banks: GCB of Ecobank.
- Upon payment of the application fee, candidates will receive an eVoucher containing an application number and PIN that will grant access to the online admissions portal.
- Candidates should then proceed to online admissions website: https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/ and begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates must print out 3 copies of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies along with all relevant documents (Photocopies of Certificates, Recommendation Letters, and [Transcript for those attending KNUST for the first time]) to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies
Deadline for the submission of application . Application forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed. Only candidates who successfully gain admission will be notified subsequently.
NB: All International Applicants must apply online. International applicants who are admitted will be required to pay an application fee of USD 200.00 before registration.