Admissions into the Graduate Entry Medical Programme (GEMP) – 2022/2023 Academic Year
CHECK: 2022/2023 Admission And Recruitment In Ghana
ATTENTION: Check Out How We Make Money And Learn .
The University of Ghana Medical School (UGMS) is inviting applications from qualified applicants for admission into the Graduate Entry Medical Programme for the 2022/2023 Academic Year.
- Applicants should have a good (BSc) First Degree (Minimum of 2nd Class Lower) in the following science-based courses: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physician Assistantship, Pharmacy, Nursing, Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Science, Biomedical Engineering, Laboratory Sciences, Physiotherapy and Radiography. Graduates whose courses are not listed should not apply.
- Candidates should have obtained a good WASSCE/SSSCE grade in three (3) core and Three (3) Elective science subjects one of which must be Chemistry.
- There should be evidence of having completed National Service (if applicable).
NATURE OF PROGRAMME AND DURATION
The Graduate Entry Medical Programme is an integrated 4-year Medical Programme which leads to the award of MBChB Degree. The Programme will begin in April 2022 and will be run on a FULL-TIME and NON-RESIDENTIAL BASIS for the Phase I and residential for Phase II.
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS
University of Ghana online application E-VOUCHERS can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for Two Hundred Ghana Cedis GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Ecobank, HFC Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank, CBG Bank, Prudential Bank and Fidelity Bank.
Foreign Applicants are to pay One Hundred and Ten US Dollars ($110.00) as application fee into FGN-USD (0161034485604301) College of Health Sciences, Korle Bu Campus. SWIFT CODE: ECOCGHAC. Kindly indicate UGMS-GEMP on the pay slip and upload as part of the application form.
HOW TO APPLY
Ghanaian Applicants are to apply online by visiting http://admission.ug.edu.gh/undergrad
Foreign Applicants are to apply online by visiting http://admission.ug.edu.gh/fs
Eligible applicants are to complete the application forms online. In addition they should submit the following documents to Academic Affairs Office, UGMS, Korle-Bu (Room 23) Two recent endorsed passport-sized photograph, Two endorsed Recommendation Letters from 2 Referees from a relevant Academic Institution, Copy of Certificates (SHS & Degree), Original Transcript, a copy of recent past six (6) months bank statement and other financial instruments as proof of ability to pay Including addresses and Letters of support from Sponsor(s) undertaking to pay all fees and detailed information of present work status, a Proof of online registration and NSS Certificates where applicable.
NB: Documents submitted will not be returned.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be posted on the UG website. Shortlisted applicants only may apply for the access course. Applicants are to pay Two Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH¢2,000.00) for the Access Course, Entrance Examination and Interview. Applicants should check their eligibility and proceed to pay at the Bank.
The Access Course covers English Language, Quantitative Methods, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Anatomy and Physiology.
The course will take place at the University of Ghana Medical School, Korle-Bu from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day.
Shortlisted eligible applicants will be admitted into the Programme subject to passing an Entrance Examination and Oral Interview.
Deadline for Submission of Form
All online applications and submission of manual forms should be completed by Friday, December 31, 2021.
NOTE: Application starts on November 1, 2021
For further information please contact the Academic Affairs Office/GEMP Secretariat:
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Telephone: +233 302-666987/8, +233 302-661446
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR GEMP 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Shortlisted eligible candidates should take note of the following proposed dates regarding the Graduate Entry Medical Programme admissions:
· Shortlist of Eligible Candidates – Friday, 14th January 2022
· Access Course – Monday, 24th January – Friday, 4th February 2022
· Entrance Examination – Tuesday, 15th February 2022
· Interview – Thursday, 17th February – Friday, 18th February 2022
· Registration/Med. Exams – Monday, 4th April – Friday, 8th April 2022
· Orientation/Workshop on Teaching & Learning Methodologies – Monday, 25th April – Friday, 29th April 2022
· Lectures Begin – Monday, 2nd May 2022
The Entrance Examination takes place on Tuesday, 15th February, 2022. There will be only one centre – Accra Centre.
VENUE: ACCRA – GHANA
The Entrance Examination will take place at the University of Ghana Medical School, New Examination Hall, Korle-Bu, Accra – Ghana as follows:
· Paper 1 – General Paper is from 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
· Paper 2 – Scientific Foundations of Medicine is from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
It is expected that all applicants will arrange to be in Accra, Ghana within the periods stated above.
Should the present COVID19 pandemic persist All COVID-19 protocols would be strictly adhered to during the admission process.