The Czech Republic, in Central Europe, is a country that’s known for its ornate castles, native beers, and long history. However, if you are traveling to the Czech Republic you will need a visa. In this article, we will show you how to apply for Czech Republic visa in Ghana, Czech Republic visa application procedures, the Czech Republic visa requirements for Ghana citizens, Czech Republic visa fee for Ghanaians, Czech Republic visa processing time in Ghana.
Depending on the purpose of your travel to the Czech Republic, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study, or work and reside in the Czech Republic permanently, you will have to apply for a different Schengen Visa, accordingly.
Types of Czech Republic Visa – How to Apply for Czech Republic Visa in Ghana
There are two broad categories of Czech Republic Visa, the Short Term Visa and the Long Term Visa.
Short Term Visa – A short-stay Schengen visa allows you to stay in Czech Republic – but not work – for up to 90 days in a 180-day period. Types of Czech Republican short stay visa includes business visa, transit visa, medical visa, tourist visa, family visit, conference, sports, and events.
Long Term Visa – The long-term visa allows you to stay in Czech Republic for over 90days, but subject to change.
There are specific Czech Republic visas that apply to Ghanaians and they include:
1. Czech Republic Work Visa
The Czech Republic work visa is issued to a person(s) who want to work in the Czech Republic. The Czech Republican employers of these applicants will have to send proof of employment.
2. Czech Republic Student Visa
The Czech Republic student visa is a multiple-entry visa granted to applicants who want to study in the Czech Republic. Applicants must be granted admission into a Czech Republic institution before applying for a student visa.
3. Czech Republic Tourist Schengen Visa
The Czech Republic tourist visa is issued to person(s) who want to visit family members, relatives and friends in Czech Republic from Ghana. The tourist visas are single-entry visa and are only valid for up to 3 months (90 days).
4. Czech Republic Business Visa
The Czech Republic business visa is issued to travellers visiting the country for brief business meetings, conferences or lectures. This single-entry visa is only valid for 90 days. Applicants for this visa will have to provide the necessary documents to support their reason for traveling.
For more detailed information on the Czech Republic visa requirements
General Requirements for a Czech Republic Visa – Czech Republic Visa Application Form
- Download the Czech Republic visa application form (Long Stay Visa and Short-Stay Visa), fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Czech Republic Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- Attach 3 recent photos; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a white or blue background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Schengen Travel Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000€ coverage within Czech Republic and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Czech Republic and itinerary. (Click to find cover letter samples for visa applications)
- Flight Reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Spain
- Hotel Booking Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Czech Republic.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Birth certificate (and a copy of the birth certificate)
- Original Personal bank statement of the applicant for the last 3 months to be submitted at the Embassy of Czech Republic, Accra with the original stamp and signature of authorized signatory of the bank (Online Bank statements are not acceptable). Personal Income tax may be added as an additional document.
- Salary slips for last three months (if employed).
- Proof of travel insurance with a minimum of 30,000 Euros to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment.
- Evidence of social ties, such as marriage certificate, birth certificates of dependant children, official leave letter from the university or school including proof of paid school fees and school reports (if applicable).
- Proof of health insurance covering medical expenses, including emergency hospital treatment and repatriation, for the entire duration of the stay in the Czech Republic (minimum of medical coverage is 60.000 Euros). The document is not required for the visa procedure itself, nevertheless, it is necessary to present it on collection of the appropriate visa.
- Extract from the criminal record.
NOTE: All supporting documents need to be in Czech language or translated into Czech. The extract from the criminal record should be translated into the Czech language and be put together as one document. This should then be legalized. The Embassy will verify the translation (approx. 12 Euros) and superlegalize the criminal record (approx. 24 Euros) when accepting the application.
How to Apply for Czech Republic Visa in Ghana
- Download the application forms above, fill it completely and with sincerity. (Visa application forms are free f charge)
- Take the supporting documents listed above and the filled application form to the Czech Republic Embassy in Accra.
- Pay the required visa processing fee.