2023/2024 Admission forms for Bolgatanga Polytechnic
Bolgatanga Polytechnic runs four (4) main programmes. Bachelor of Technology (BTECH), Higher National Diploma (HND), Diploma (DCA, DBA,DBTA & DBS) programmes and Certificate Courses as follows:
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES:
- Accounting with Computing
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES:
- HND Accountancy
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Civil Engineering
- HND General (Ecological) Agriculture
- HND Hotel Catering and Institutional Management
- HND Marketing
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies
- HND Statistics
- HND Procurement and Logistics Management
- HND Building Technology
- HND Industrial Art (with options in Graphic Design, Fashion and Design, Leather Work, Ceramics, Sculpture, Painting & Decoration)
- Diploma in Computerized Accounting (DCA)
- Diploma in Business Administration (DBA)
- Diploma in Banking Technology and Accounting (DBTA)
- Diploma in Business Studies – DBS (Options: Secretarial, Accounting, and Management)
- Advanced Fashion and Design
- Advanced Cookery/Catering
- Motor Vehicle Technician 1, 2, & 3
- Construction Technician 1, 2, & 3
Depending on the programme, a prospective student needs to have six WASSCE/SSSCE Passes (A1 – D7 or A-D) (including English Language and Mathematics) or five credit passes in ABCE / ‘O’ LEVEL or Diploma or HND or their equivalents to study Diploma, Higher National Diploma or Bachelor of Technology programmes.
Holders of Technical/Vocational/Business/Commercial Certificates in RSA II/III, MET I/II, MVT I/II, EET I/II, GCC/CTC I/II or CTC I & II, OTDF Certificate, Advanced B/C Craft Certificate, Institutional Management or City & Guilds Part I & II (812/1, 812/2) or Stenographer Certificate plus four SSSCE/WASSCE credits including English Language and Mathematics are eligible to apply to study HND programmes.
MATURE students (25 years and above) with four passes in WASSCE/SSSCE/O’ Level can also apply to study HND programmes
The Polytechnic also provides opportunity for prospective students in the area of Science/Technical/Vocational who are unable to meet entry requirements to study HND programmes to do a one-year Pre-HND (ACCESS) Course in Mathemetics, English language and Science from which successful students will be enrolled into any of our Technical/Science programmes at the HND level.
There are also Certificate Courses in
- A. Advanced Fashion And Design
- B. Advanced Cookery/Catering
- C. Motor Vehicle Technician Part I, II & III
- D. Construction Technician Part I, II & III
How to Apply
Prospective students are to:
First, obtain an E-voucher Number and PIN from any Regional Post Office in Ghana including the Bolgatanga, Bawku, Navrongo, Tamale, Wa, Sunyani, Techiman, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Ho, Kaneshie, Accra Central, Circle, Tema Main, Koforidua, Takoradi Post offices or the Cash Office, Bolgatanga Polytechnic, Sumbrungu Campus.
Next, go online at http://admissions.bpoly.edu.gh on the internet and complete the online application form.
After completing the online application form, prospective are to certify, print and endorse their application forms.
And finally send or submit their completed application forms together with two passport pictures, two (2) photocopies of relevant documents/certificates to the address below.
P. O. BOX 767
For further information or inquiries, please, call the following telephone numbers: