ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCE – UHAS
CHECK: 2021/2022 Admission And Recruitment In Ghana
ATTENTION: Win Airtime And GHS 50 By Watching Our Videos .
The University of Health and Allied Sciences was established by an Act of Parliament (ACT 828 of December 2011) as a public university in Ghana. The main campus including the ce ntral administration is in Ho. A second campus is to be located in Hohoe.
VISION OF UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCE
A pre-eminent research and practically oriented health educational institution dedicated to community service.
MISSION OF UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCE
To provide quality educational opportunities to students and healthcare professionals, advance knowledge through scholarship and research and provide patient care and services that improve health and quality of life.
In setting up this institution, it is the intent to provide an avenue to train different health professionals needed to attend to the health needs of the citizens.
The aims of University of health and allied science are:
- To provide higher education in the Health Sciences through teaching and research for persons suitably qualified and capable of benefitting from such education;
- To disseminate knowledge and the results of research and their applications to the needs and aspirations of the people of Ghana;
- To provide clinical and other skills services to contribute positively to improving the health status and overall quality of life, and foster partnerships with outside persons and bodies.
Core values and institutional philosophy
The core values and institutional philosophy of the University of Health and Allied Sciences are as follows:
- Work with integrity and maintain an empowering environment based on mutual trust, respect and partnership among academic and non-academic staff, students and external units;
- Apply innovative educational approaches and technologies (including distance learning) to enhance access to programmes with a focus to train high calibre health professionals at all levels of education;
- Use modern information and communications technology and other educational tools to drive its programmes wherever possible;
- Seek, through research and clinical service, to be relevant to the health needs of Ghana and beyond, with future programmes relating to emerging challenges and trends in both the health and educational sectors;
- Be practically oriented by emphasising community work as a compulsory component of all programmes offered in the University;
- Adopt a semester system with part of the long vacation devoted to field work and practical attachments in various district hospitals;
- Develop curricula that entail an effective balance between academic knowledge and competencies required in the world of work;
- Collaborate with the Ministries of Health and Education, other Ministries, Departments and Agencies, professional bodies, the private sector and international institutions, in the attainment of the mission of the University.
Other Public Universities In Ghana
University of Ghana, legon
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Kumasi
University of Cape Coast , Cape Coast
University of Education , Winneba
University for Development Studies, Tamale
University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa
university of health and allied science, Ho
university of energy and natural resouce, sunyani
university of professional studies, Accra
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
Ghana Institute of Languages (GIL)
List Of Private Universities In Ghana
Valley View University, Oyibi, Dodowa
Catholic University College of Ghana, Fiapre, Sunyani
Christian Service University College, Kumasi
Islamic University College, Ghana, East Legon
Methodist University College Ghana, Dansoman, Accra
Pentecost University College, Sowutuom, Accra
Presbyterian University College, Abetifi-Kwahu
African University College of Communications, Accra
Wisconsin International University College, Accra
Regent University College of Science and Technology, Accra
All Nations University, Koforidua
Accra Institute Of Technology (AIT)
Ashesi University College, Labone, Accra
Baptist University College, Abuakwa, Kumasi
Central University College, Mataheko, Accra
EP University, Ho
Garden City University College, Kumasi
Pan African Christian University College
Ghana Christian University College
BlueCrest College (formerly NIIT Ghana College)
Anglican University College of Technology, Accra
Data Link University College, Tema
Ghana Telecom University College, Tesano, Accra
Knutsford (University)College, East Legon, Accra.
Premier Institute of Law Enforcement Management and Administration
University College of Management Studies, Accra