Ho Technical University January/February 2020 Admission
The University announces for the information of prospective applicants who missed the September Admissions and the general public that sale of admission e-vouchers for the January Intake of the 2019/2020 academic year is open for the following programmes:
TOP-UP BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (B-Tech) PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Technology, Hospitality and Tourism Management (Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Automobile Engineering (Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Agricultural Engineering (Weekend)
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR TOP-UP B-TECH
- HND in related field or fields of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division).
- Any other equivalent qualification in the related field.
- Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Automotive and Production options)
- HND Building Technology
- HND Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
- HND Food Technology
- HND Statistics (Regular)
- HND Agro-Enterprise Development
- HND Computer Science
- HND Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- BUSINESS AND ART PROGRAMMES
- HND Accountancy
- HND Marketing
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies
- HND Banking and Finance
- HND Purchasing and Supply
- HND Industrial Art (options: Graphic Design, Ceramics, Painting, Textiles, and Sculpture)
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR HND PROGRAMMES
- SSSCE HOLDERS
- Six Passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
- For areas of specialization, three (3) of the passes must be in relevant subjects.
- WASSCE HOLDERS
- Six Passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, three (3) of which should be Credit Passes (C6) or better.
- It must be noted, however that certain programmes may require Credit Passes (C6) or better, in other relevant subjects.
- DBS HOLDERS
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits Passes (A1 – C6 ) or four (4) Passes (A-D) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
- GBCE HOLDERS
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
- TECHNICIAN PART II/III HOLDERS
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
- TECHNICAL SCHOOL (CERTIFICATE II) HOLDERS
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
- MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old,and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Must pass a written aptitude test (English Language, Mathematics and General paper in relevant area) and/or pass an interview.
Ho Technical University Jan/Feb 2020 Application Guidelines
A. E-VOUCHER FROM GCB BANK LTD
Purchase Ho Technical University Admission Electronic Voucher (E-Voucher) from any networked branch of GCB Bank in Ghana.
B. E-VOUCHER OBTAINED FROM MTN MOBILE MONEY OR VISA/MASTERCARD
- Click on GET SERIAL/PIN button on the Login Form located on the right. A pop up window will show for you to fill in your details.
- Fill the payment platform form and select MTN Mobile Money from the Payment Options
- Click Submit, then an SMS and/or Email containing the E-voucher details (Serial Number and PIN) will be sent to you. In addition, the E-voucher details (Serial Number and the PIN) will also be displayed on the Admission Login page.
C. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Log on to the online Admissions System with the Serial Number and PIN
- Follow steps on the Online Admission system to complete your application
- Enclose in an EMS envelope, a printed copy of your completed online application together with photocopies of certificates or result slips, (transcripts for Top-up B-Tech applicants) and (Birth Certificates for mature applicants).
- Post the enclosed EMS envelope to the address below:
Ho Technical University
Ho, Volta Region,
Note: Applicants who wish to submit in person do not require an EMS Envelope.