About Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration – GIMPA
GIMPA was established in 1961 as a joint Ghana Government/United Nations Special Fund Project. It was originally called the Institute of Public Administration, established to train public servants with administrative and professional competence to plan and administer national, regional and local services.
CHECK: 2022/2023 Admission And Recruitment In Ghana
ATTENTION: Check Out How We Make Money And Learn .
In 1999/2000, GIMPA was among a group of 200 public sector organisations in Ghana earmarked under the World Bank-funded Public Sector Reform Programme to be taken off Government Subvention. GIMPA was subsequently selected under the National Institutional Reform Programme to be transformed, notably to be self-financing. Subsequently, GIMPA was taken off Government Subvention in 2001.
Today, GIMPA has been transformed from a small, public service institution to a comprehensive tertiary institution offering programmes in leadership, management, public and business administration and technology for both the public and private sectors, NGO’s, civil societies and many more.
Additionally, GIMPA has not only become a full-fledged university-level public institution, but also a topmost institute in Africa, recognised in Africa and around the world, offering excellent master’s and executive master’s degree programmes in business administration, public administration, development management, governance and leadership.
GIMPA’s clients range from politicians to bureaucrat to mid-level personnel from the public and private sectors.
To be a global Institute of excellence in knowledge development and application.
We build quality human capital through innovative education. We do this by delivering societally relevant teaching and research programmes and consultancy services in leadership, management, public service, ICT and law. We accomplish this by employing a diverse and intellectually-engaged faculty and staff; modern facilities; efficient systems and processes underpinned by ethical leadership.
PURPOSE OF THE INSTITUTE
The overarching object of the Institute is to train public servants of the country and to provide education, training and services in the fields of leadership, management and public administration for the public sector, private sector and non-governmental organizations.
To achieve its object, the Institute shall perform the following functions:
- Promote education, training and services in the fields of leadership, business management and administration;
- Provide professional, unbiased and dedicated advisory support services to various areas of Government to enhance their capacity for sustainable development and management;
- Promote the development of managerial skills for persons employed in the public and private sectors including no-governmental organisations (NGOs), and create awareness of the need for education, training and the provision of services in the fields of leadership, management and administration as a necessary requirement for maintaining the vitality of the organisation in the development of the economy;
- Promote the use of information technology as an essential tool to create competitive advantage and enhance output for national development;
- Assist Ghanaian enterprises through cost-effective education, training and the provision of services, research and consultancy to achieve efficient cost control;
- Promote understanding and cooperation between public and private sector institutions in respect of public administration and management obligations; and
- Offer courses leading to the award of certificates, diplomas and degrees in the Institute’s areas of competence, subject to such conditions as the authorities responsible for tertiary education in the country shall direct.
Other Public Universities In Ghana
University of Ghana, legon
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Kumasi
University of Cape Coast , Cape Coast
University of Education , Winneba
University for Development Studies, Tamale
University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa
university of health and allied science, Ho
university of energy and natural resouce, sunyani
university of professional studies, Accra
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
Ghana Institute of Languages (GIL)
List Of Private Universities In Ghana
Valley View University, Oyibi, Dodowa
Catholic University College of Ghana, Fiapre, Sunyani
Christian Service University College, Kumasi
Islamic University College, Ghana, East Legon
Methodist University College Ghana, Dansoman, Accra
Pentecost University College, Sowutuom, Accra
Presbyterian University College, Abetifi-Kwahu
African University College of Communications, Accra
Wisconsin International University College, Accra
Regent University College of Science and Technology, Accra
All Nations University, Koforidua
Accra Institute Of Technology (AIT)
Ashesi University College, Labone, Accra
Baptist University College, Abuakwa, Kumasi
Central University College, Mataheko, Accra
EP University, Ho
Garden City University College, Kumasi
Pan African Christian University College
Ghana Christian University College
BlueCrest College (formerly NIIT Ghana College)
Anglican University College of Technology, Accra
Data Link University College, Tema
Ghana Telecom University College, Tesano, Accra
Knutsford (University)College, East Legon, Accra.
Premier Institute of Law Enforcement Management and Administration
University College of Management Studies, Accra