The University of Ghana (UG) 1st Global Fellows Programme 2020
The Pan-African Doctoral Academy (PADA) invites applications from University of Ghana Doctoral Students for the maiden University of Ghana (PADA)-Imperial College Fellows Programme.
Organic Hair Growth Butter : Shea butter infused with organic herbs
Theme: “Healthy and Sustainable Cities”
The 1st Global Fellows Programme at the University of Ghana Legon Campus
Imperial-Ghana Global Fellows Programme: Healthy and sustainable cities
From 13th -17th July 2020 Imperial College London and the University of Ghana (Pan African Doctoral Academy-PADA) will host the 1st Global Fellows Programme at the University of Ghana Legon campus, Accra, Ghana.
In the current scientific environment international collaborations and networking are the basis for developing successful projects. In a competitive research environment funding is increasingly drawn to interdisciplinary, collaborative research with partners from around the world. The modern researcher requires both excellence in research and professional skills and competencies.
This exciting programme is designed to facilitate participants to actively focus on the development of these professional skills and competencies. Approximately 40 doctoral researchers from University of Ghana and Imperial College London will work together to develop professional, research and collaborative skills and competencies as well as the intercultural awareness that is required to establish and continue successful collaborations.
Participants will have also the opportunity to apply those skills to address topics under the programme theme: “Healthy and sustainable cities”. Participants will discuss and develop intercultural, interdisciplinary and intersectoral discussions and approaches to make cities more sustainable and improve the quality of life for all citizens. A range of guest speakers will provide participants with case studies to open discussions.
A background on the subject is not essential, doctoral candidates from any discipline are invited to apply.
This is a chance to challenge yourself outside of your normal working environment, meet people from other disciplines and cultures, and have fun!
You can read about the experiences of previous participants in the Global Fellows Programme here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/students/global-opportunities/pg/student-experiences/
- Programme: info
During the 5-day program, participants will work in interdisciplinary and international groups, assisted by a coach from one of the partner universities. During the programme participants will enhance:
- Their ability to work collaboratively on research ideas
- Their ability to network and communicate effectively and with impact in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams
- Their intercultural and international awareness
- Their creativity to develop collaborative research ideas
- Their appreciation of research in international institutions
- Their ability to adapt their approach to suit new contexts
- Eligibility and how to apply
Both Imperial College and University of Ghana participants must:
- Be a current doctoral student from any discipline (note: this programme is not open to MRes students).
- Be between 6 and 30 months into their PhD at the time the programme takes place (6 and 48 months for part-time students).
- Not have taken part in a previous Imperial College Global Fellows Programmes.
This programme counts towards the attendance requirement.
- Application process
Doctoral students need to fill an application form (add hyperlink) by the 16th of January 2020 at 5 pm. In their application applicants should:
- show their awareness of competencies and skills needed to develop international collaborations
- explain what they expect to contribute to and gain from the programme
- demonstrate enthusiasm for engaging with international peers from the partner university
- explain how their current competencies, skills and knowledge (e.g. communication skills, adaptability, technical skills, creativity) can support the development of innovations linked to “Healthy and sustainable cities”
- show their willingness to be an ambassador for Imperial College London and University of Ghana
- show their willingness to share their experiences on the programme within the Imperial College London and University of Ghana post-graduate community after the programme.
Successful applicants will be notified within 4 weeks of the application deadline.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications received it is not possible to provide feedback on individual applications.
Date: 13th -17th July, 2020
Register Online @ www.pada.ug.edu.gh
Deadline for registration: Thursday, January 16, 2020
For enquiries call/WhatsApp: 050830904/0244982242; firstname.lastname@example.org