The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Department of Continuing Education and Education Management (we.b) at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in Germany are jointly organising the DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme UNILEAD in Oldenburg, enabling young managers at higher education institutions in developing countries to tackle successfully every-day challenges. In order to do so, the programme brings together the topics Project Management, Strategic Management and Human Resource Management with individual and practice-oriented change projects of each participant.
Developed in 2008, UNILEAD is part of the DIES programme (Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies), which has been jointly coordinated by the DAAD and HRK (German Rectors’ Conference) since 2001. Further information on the DAAD DIES Programme and the DIES Training Courses can be found at www.daad.de/dies/en.
Programme Contents and Methodology UNILEAD focuses on three key areas:
- Project Management (PM). This includes courses on Methodology of Project Management, Financial Management in Projects and Risk Management.
- Strategic Management (StM). This includes courses of theoretical basics and practical tools for the Development and Implementation of Strategic Management in higher education institutions.
- Human Resource Management (HRM). This includes courses on Instruments of Human Resource Development, Leadership, Conflict Management and Communication.
Further criteria are:
- Applicants are young university leaders aged between 30 and 40 years.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted via the online application form on the UNILEAD-website at https://go-dl.uni-oldenburg.de/unilead/
Strict closing date of the application is October 14th, 2019, 11:59am Central European Summer Time.
For more information, please click the document below: