2019 WAEC BECE Placement into SHS [Check Results and Placement]
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the results of students who sat for the 2019 Basic Education Examination Certificate (BECE). Students can check their results from now on since it has been published by the Council (WAEC).
Also, Ghana Education Service (GES) announced that the placement into Senior High Schools (SHS) has been done and students can read the information below which concerns the 2019 SHS placement.
NOTE: The school placement is done by Ghana Education Service and not WAEC
The school placements are out and everyone can now check their placement. You can use the card as many times as you want. So you can use it to check on the phone and also use it to check on the computer so that you print it.
Prospective Senior High School students who wrote the Basic Education Certificate Examination a few months ago can be able to check their school placement on their phones via online method, starting from Sunday, 8th September 2019.
The Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) will allow the students to see the schools they have been admitted to and the programme they have been offered.
The CSSPS is a system used by the Ghana Education Service (GES) to place qualified Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates into Senior High School (SHS), Technical Institutes (TI) and Vocational Institutes.
How to check the 2019 BECE Placement Online on a mobile phone or PC
You can visit any nearest internet cafe in your area and attendants will help you with the checking of your school placement.
Do you want to check the placement yourself? If yes, follow the below steps.
In order for you to check your CSSPS placement online, follow the steps below;
- The first step is to ensure you have the placement checker (visit any nearest internet cafe for the checker)
- Ensure that you have access to a computer that has Internet access.
- Using your computer, visit the CSSPS result checker online portal
- Proceed to enter your BECE index number. It should be 10 digits. And also your year of examination. For example, if your index number is 1234567890 and the year of your examination is 2018, this is what you will input: 123456789018.
- On your checker, you will get a serial number. Enter the serial number found on top the scratch card in the field designated for it.
- Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) that will also be found on the scratch card you had purchased.
- After you are done, you then click submit. Be patient and wait for the results window to pop up. If you are successful, the CSSPS placement checker print form option will appear. Click on print to print out your form.